Notice of Rulemaking
The Washington State Liquor Control Board has entered into the initial stage of rule making (CR 101) to revise rules in Chapter 314-55 WAC Marijuana Licenses, Application Process, Requirements and Reporting.
This rulemaking is the result of 2015 legislation. New rules and revisions to current rules are needed in Chapter 314-55 WAC. This notice can be found at http://lcb.wa.gov/laws/laws-and-rules under Proposed Rules.
As part of the CR 101 filing, the notice includes some general timelines surrounding the rules. The Board has allowed time to draft the rules, consider input, and later the opportunity for public hearings around the state once the draft rules are issued (CR 102). More information regarding dates and locations will be released to the listserv and media when they are available.
- July 15, 2015 – Board approves filing of CR 101 (opens rule-making)
- August 5, 2015 – Code Reviser publishes notice
- August 15, 2015 – End of written comment period (this is a formality. Board will continue to accept written testimony until Nov. 2015)
- September 23, 2015 – Board is asked to approve filing the CR 102 (initial draft rules)
- October 7, 2015 – Code Reviser publishes notice.
- Nov. 1-14, 2015 – Public hearings on draft rules in yet-to-be released specific dates locations around the state
- December 2, 2015 – Board is asked to adopt rules
- December 2, 2015 – Agency files adopted rules with Code Reviser
- January 2, 2015 – Rules are effective.
Please forward your initial comments to the Liquor Control Board by mail, e-mail, or fax by September 1, 2015.
By mail: By e-mail: By fax:
Rules Coordinator email@example.com 360-360-664-9689
Liquor Control Board
P.O. Box 43080
Olympia, WA 98504-3080
Comments are closed.